Sunday, March 15, 2015

12 volt lighting for Aquaponics Green house.

This is my 12 volt lighting option that I am trying. It seems to work pretty good.




    The Camera didnt catch the lighting very well. but I can go into my green house any time and it is alternative power in case power outrages. It keeps all pumps going in my aquaponics.
lit  up more than enough to see by and feed my fish.The  12 volt lights and fans stay on all the time. so I never have to turn switches on or off.It is run off my solar panel back up system.  Its

    I have replaced most of the 12 oz bottles to the coke bottles without lables. seem to do very well.

The LED's are bought off of ebay for $4.00  for 20 of them. I placed 5 in each bottle. Pretty sure you can buy lights already made for cheaper but It was an idea I had to see if it worked, and I am very happy with them, oh and there is different colors now so if you want to build grow lights the same way, I am sure it would work pretty good.

    My fish likes them ( or not lol) sometimes I come in late from work, and it is nice to just go in to check on things and feed them.

 I use pvc fittings to encase the wire and hold the mouth of the bottle. I will be running a long series of  pipe and fittings from the top of the green house.  Easy enough to glue or ziptie the bottles into the fittings.

Hope you like and share my post.
Thanks and remember, simple is easier and funner~!


No comments:

Post a Comment