Monday, March 30, 2015

How I washed My IBC tote for Aquaponics

   I had washed my tote out the first time, but it was quick wash and rince but no hot water.
I work a lot and didnt take the time. That was a very big mistake. There seem to be a reidue left I think because I had a smell to it and my water stayed cloudy.   It is important to use hot water. I now use a  propane cooker to boil water .
   Also I did not know what was in the tote previously. Just because someone says its food grade doesnt mean they know for sure. Lets just say it did not smell like apple sauce. lol.
   HArd lessons learned are always the best lesssons.
   I now have other fish tanks and raft systems made from these totes. Washed them VERY well.



Please like and share my post ;



I support the ASC Magazine. Do you? Please support and share!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! Also, really there is no such thing as "food grade" it's either potable or not. Polyurethane Tanks you can basically wash anything out of it. The best to clean it is a power hose and do it three times. That's the EPA shipping rules at least... I bought a IBC Tote from a company http://www.ibctoterecycling.com/ and that's what they told me at least.

    ReplyDelete