Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Aquaponics green house update.

   Here is my new Aquaponics Green house. I recently moved from Arkansas to Alabama to assist family. So I ma having to start all over.

   The green house is a 10x20 hoop house with 6mil plastic. Seems to work well and holds up to fairly strong winds.

   As of this video, there is only one fish tank. will be putting in one more for the other side. That will make two separated systems to make it easier to control.

    The trays that I am using on this table is mixing trays that you can get from hardware stores, usually coast around 15.00 each.   Also there is a swirl filter but no bio filter at this time. 


There is a lot of plants inside that I am wintering over like the lemon and lime trees and some bananna trees too. They will be moved out soon and the rest of the aquaponics can be added.

I am planning on putting in 3 more 3x4 raft systems on the one side and a filtration system on the back side of the green house.

The only lights that are in here is 12 volts.  I bought some LED lights and built my own bulbs with water and coke bottles. They are run off a batter system that I have from solar panel.. Check my videos, you will see the  Solar generator.

2 fans are installed to move the fans, they are computer fans that run off 12 volts also.

The heater is  one that I made out of a barrel and built an oven on top! never know when you want to have baked fish right?

I will update soon with the next side of the green house. \

Thanks
and please subscribe.



1 comment:

  1. This is just an update and will try to keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete